Friday, August 3, 2012

LOVE yourSELF

CHANGE

I enjoy change. It's like an adventure to me. Moving, making new friends, changing my hair color. . . it's all CHANGE, and it can all be positive if you look at it from the right angle. 

Change is coming up quickly, as a new school year approaches. We move from one grade to another, advancing in our education of learning more in hopes to one day be the one teaching the next generation what we learned so many years before - only hoping maybe they'll learn it faster than we did at their age. 

An important thing to remember is to NEVER change you YOU are as a person. Because you are who you are for a purpose, and a calling. Embrace it, LOVE who you are! 

I know for me, I struggle sometimes with who I am. I'm quiet when you don't know me, but once I get comfortable with people, I'm loud & I know it. . .but that's who I am.
 I'm not the most attractive girl in the room, and I know it, but I let the beauty underneath my skin shine through, because it doesn't matter if I don't have perfect skin. It matters if I have a pretty heart.
I'm also not the thinnest, but that doesn't mean I'm overweight. 
I'm short, and I seriously SUCK at walking in heels. . . It's actually kind of funny watching me try and walk in heels.  
I enjoy sitting alone, and thinking. . . and I think my mom thinks I just don't want to be around her. And that's not the case at all. I just enjoy being alone! Being with people tires me out.
I like to write. I only have a billion journals.
I like to sing, and sometimes I sing off key because I CAN. Sure, I have a pretty decent voice, but sometimes it's enjoyable to just sing in the most random voice EVER.  
I over analyze every little thing I do. 
I carry post it notes and a rainbow selection of pens in my purse at all times. Yes, it's a little bit OCD, but who cares!? It's who I am. 
I've never had a boyfriend. Yeah, that's considered 'weird' in our culture, but I consider it a blessing. I've never had to go through the pain of a breakup, or deal with the frustrations of making someone else happy. (ha!) NO, I'm not saying I don't want that. Of course I do! I want a family more than anything. . . but I KNOW that God has huge plans for me, and they obviously don't include a serious relationship. 
When I'm in a bad mood, I'm a butt-head, and I know it. But I try not to be too mean. 
I love kids and I'm going to school to be a teacher - and I get the weirdest looks, partly because I was homeschooled my whole life and partly because of the economy. 
I love wearing ridiculous looking hats.
I'm also addicted to coffee. It's a problem, but I can't change it. (I don't want to change it). 

And you know what? I like who I am. And I'm not going to change. 

I encourage you to look yourself in the mirror, and embrace who you are. I promise, the sooner you do that, the sooner you'll be able to move on with your life, career and goals. LOVE yourSELF.

Much love, 
xoxo, 
Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment