Monday, July 30, 2012

Catching Up

Well, I should probably start with how my weekend was, since I'm a bad person and neglected my poor blog.
FORGIVE ME, my avid followers. *cough* *Nathan* *cough*. 

Okay, here goes nothing. 

Friday, I spend the day with my little sister, Michaela. We were supposed to go ice skating, but I am a horrible sister and didn't actually check when the ice rink was open. . .so, we didn't go ice skating. DEPRESSING, but, we made crafts & had lunch and had fun! We decorated a monogram - well, she decorated an 'M' and I decorated an 'S'. It was fun! Then I went to bed early, I can't remember why... but there was a reason. 

Saturday, mom & Michaela left to go see my dad who's living up north right now, at a job site (THANKS WISCONSIN). I stayed home, because I really did not have a keen desire to spend a weekend in a camper with 4 people . . . it's small, crowded & no personal space. NOT my favorite. (Sorry dad!) Anyways, I did some staining of the fence, as well as cleaned up my room & picked up my check from work. Then I went over to Juan & Alicia's for the night. They went out on a date & I stayed home with the kiddos. :) & then when they returned the kids were sleeping and we watched Safehouse! Fantastic movie, by the way. (Ryan Reynolds, enough said). 

Sunday morning rolled around, and we all went to Living Light for Church! Golly, I love my Church! <3 
After Church I had lunch with them & then headed home. I finally finished converting all those .NEF files into .JPG files. YAY! And I started working on editing. Thankfully, not much needs to be done. 

So, today I woke up for no particular reason at around 7:30 - ridiculous, right? I finished a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher & cleaned up my room a bit & then decided to repair my skirt. Mom & Michaela were home around 3 p.m. and I helped them unpack and such, then finished cleaning up my sewing supplies and got ready to have coffee with the lovely Emily Smith! I'm so thankful for her in my life, I seriously do not have a clue as to what  I'd do without her. We talk, share stories, laugh, & encourage each other. It's wonderful! I'm going to miss her so much this fall when she leaves to go back to NCU. :( Thankfully we're in a technology driven age, right? After a fantastic visit, I had to head to LLCC for Vision & Commitment - a class I'm taking to become a member. I really like the class, it's so informative and answers questions about the Bible and beliefs that I've always been afraid to ask. 

Well, that's been my life since Friday - same old, same old. 
I hope & pray you're having a good week & had a great Monday! 
Much love, 
xoxo
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment