Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Importance of Listening

As I sit here, thinking in a pitch black room, I realize why I am here. 
Why I am alive & breathing. Because GOD has a plan for me. 
I want to make a change in this world, I want to set the world on fire. I want to help those around me understand that there's more to life than just . . . day to day living. 
As I sit here, I break from the inside out, as I realize that I can't change what people are going through on a day to day basis. I can't change someone's fears, or overcome their sickness, bitterness or hatred for them. But I CAN help
It might not seem so miniscule and unimportant to those around me. But it's extremely important to me.
It's important to stick to what I believe in, and not let others, whom I deeply care about, sway me in my decisions. 

I know that everything happens for a reason, and I have met everyone I know for a specific reason. It could be to help them overcome something, for them to learn something, or even for me to learn something - or for a slap in the face and a wake up call from God saying "Hello! Shannon! I'm trying to help you here, but you're just ignoring me, and turning your head the other way. Listen to me, because I want to help you." 

Tonight, I realized that I am smarter than I thought I was, and that I should probably listen to that little voice in the back of my head. It's usually right, especially when you have 3 or more Godly friends telling you that same thing.  Ah, the love God has for me is great, and I'm so thankful for every day I have to spend with Him. Maybe next time I'll learn to listen right away... instead of waiting until He confirms my fears through my friends. 

'tis all for tonight my dear friends.
Much love,
xoxo
Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment