Monday, August 20, 2012

And Then. . . God Slapped Me.

Okay, so this title sounds like it's going to be a super great post, but to be completely honest. . . The title just  came to me, and now I'm going to let my thoughts come out. Because, evidently, God needs to slap me, so feel free to sit back, read and watch me be slapped. 
My plan is to type out words. 

Planning, 
Lists
Future
The Big Picture.

Ohhhhhh. I think I get it. 
I think God's trying to tell me to shut up, sit down, and let Him tell me what's going to happen in my future. 
OH CRAP. I was just slapped. Well, that was fun, wasn't it? 

Uh, I think NOT. I have a problem, and I'm going to admit it now. I enjoy making lists. I enjoy planning my future out. I enjoy seeing the BIG picture. 

I really want to see what my future will be like, but I guess I should probably slow down. It always comes back to 'living in the moment', doesn't it? This time though, I felt a slap. Possibly a burn. But definitely a slap.

So now, I'm going to enjoy life. I'll still have a problem with being obsessive and list making. . . but maybe I'll get a grip and realize that life isn't just about the future. It's about the adventure and the slaps in the face that I receive on the way. It might not feel good right away, but in the end I'll turn out okay. Probably better then anything I could ever do on my own. 

Alright, that's all for now! 
much love,
xoxo,
Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment