Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Will of God

The will of God

What do you think of it? 
I think that my God is all knowing and all powerful. He's here for me whenever I need him and it's so comforting to know that I have Him to run to when I'm hurt or confused. 

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

This verse hits home for me. So often I worry about the future, and what's going to happen. Will it be good? Will it be bad? I worry that things aren't going to happen the way I want them too, and guess what? I'm right! They're not. 
Things will happen the way GOD intended them to, and I need to sit down, shut up, stop worrying and be patient! 

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1:2-4

So here, Paul is telling me that I need to be HAPPY when I have problems because testing produces patience? I know, it sounds ridiculous. But it's SO true. To be patient and content right now, will mean that in the future I can happier, because I am lacking nothing through Christ.
It kind of reverts back to the relationship thing I've been struggling with. I do want to be in a relationship, I do want to find that 'perfect guy', but what if I've already found him, and now God's just testing me to make sure I'm content in where I'm at in my life? Because if I'm not content single, who says I'll be content in a relationship? Who says I won't just get up and leave because I'm 'bored' with where I'm at. To learn to be content right now, when I don't have a significant other in my life, is the greatest lesson. It not only teaches patience but it is showing me how to love the moments I have, because sooner or late they're not going to exist. I'm not going to have 'single' moments anymore, they're going to become 'partnered' moments. I will share them with someone who means the world to me, but I don't want that feeling to change after a few months, I want it to stay forever. So if I have to learn how to be content before I'm in a relationship, so be it. At least I will learn patience and know that my God has a plan and purpose in everything He does in my life. 
I leave you with this: trust in God, He is all knowing and all powerful and He LOVES you & wants to see you succeed, and He will do ANYTHING to make sure you stay on the right path. 


"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."
Phillippians 4:11

Much love,
xoxo
Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment