Friday, August 17, 2012

p.s. my favorite superhero movie is Captain America

Tonight, I'm going to tell you a little bit more about myself.
Who I am, and who I aspire to be in the near future. 

I'm Shannon Lynette Lonergan
I love Jesus!
I'm 18
I'm a small business owner 
I'm a Sophomore in college
I'm majoring in Elementary Education, gearing towards second and third grade, as well as fifth grade.
I'm minoring in music - vocal and violin or piano. I'm not sure which instrument I want as my minor yet. 
I'm a writer, 
a photographer,
a scrapbooker, 
a babysitter, 
a note taker,
a little bit obsessive - compulsive,
really talkative . . . when I know you, really quiet when I don't know you, or don't like you.
Sister, 
Auntie,
Friend. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I aspire to be the best I can be, I make mistakes, unfortunately because I am human. But slowly I am learning that my God is bigger than any mistakes I've ever made, and He loves me more than anything. 
I get asked a lot why I want to be a teacher, especially since I was home schooled my whole entire life. Well, that's easy! God called me to it. Trust me, I would have never picked this career on my own, but I  know for a fact that this is right where God wants me, and I'm going to trust Him and believe He knows exactly what He's doing. 

I hope that sometime in the near future (5 years or so) I will find the man of my dreams, and that soon thereafter I will be able to start my own family. But, I'm not saying that that's my main focus. No, not at all. I mean, obviously it IS something I really desire, but at the same time I realize that God must have me single for a particular reason and that reason will be made known to me in His perfect timing. For now though, I want to learn. I want to learn everything I possibly can! From parasailing to board games and traveling the world to driving a boat. I have a HUUUUGE desire to travel and right now this is my list of places I'd like to see:

 all fifty states
Ireland - I hope to go here for at least a semester and teach. 
Scotland
England
Sweden
China
India
Africa
South America
Russia
Germany
France
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Greece
Yeah, it's kind of long. . . but I love adventure, and I just want to see what's out there. What's outside of Wisconsin. What the culture is like, what the people are like. It's so exhilarating, even to just THINK about! I've also decided that this next year is going to be the best year ever. Academically, family wise and friend wise! Nothing can stop me now! WOOOOO! 


I write. I write a lot. I write everything down, from notes to huge thoughts. I have enough post it notes to last a normal person 6 years - guess how long they last me? 5 months. I have enough pens and pencils to last a normal person DECADES. I have this odd crayon obsession, but they have to be a certain sharpness. It's weird. . . after they cross this fine line of not being sharp enough, I throw them out. I've tried to not, but I just can't do it! 

I like to make things out of old things, or old looking things. I'm super into vintage clothes and antique furniture, it's so cute! 

I read like a person who just realized that she has eyes, and can see words. I LOVE reading. It's my happy place. On a rainy day or a snowy winter day, you can expect to find me wrapped up in a blanket gobbling up word after word. Sometimes, I'll be wrapped up and writing my own words. 

Well, that's all for now. 
much love, 
xoxo
Shannon
p.s. my favorite super hero movie is Captain America

No comments:

Post a Comment