Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Simple Things in Life

Do you ever feel like you're going too fast, trying too hard, or being pressured? I've been feeling that quite a bit in the past couple of weeks.

I feel as though everything that's said to be 'simple', is not. It's complex. I mean, I enjoy complex things to an extent, but why must everything contain such a complexity when it's not really needed in the least bit.
Personally, I prefer to write letters over emails, to talk face to face rather than text, Skype or IM. I mean, these things are great, especially when you're far away from someone you love.
How about the need to obtain perfection? I'm flawed in this area as well! I enjoy when things are nice and neat... But when kids are playing or having fun, does every toy need to be picked up as perfect? Does every pillow have to be put up? Kids need discipline, not perfection. Correction, not harshness, SIMPLE love would suffice.

I Challenge you to enjoy something simple. Write someone you care about a real letter. Sit down and drink a cup of tea. Watch the neighbor kids play, or bring them some chalk and play with them. Life wasn't meant to be taken so seriously, kick your shoes off and roll up your sleeves! Stop trying to obtain perfection. ENJOY the SIMPLE THINGS.

Much love,
Xoxo,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment